August 29, 2022 12:32 pm Leave your thoughts
Pressure-treated wood and composite decking last the longest, 15 years or more, depending on your material choice and location, giving you many years of relaxation before a deck replacement. Natural wood decks like softwood cedar last about 15-20 years.
How long does composite decking last?
- Composite decking generally lasts longer than your urge to change it, anywhere from 25-35 ridiculously long years, depending on the quality of its manufacture.
- There are a few types of composite decking: one contains recycled wood pulp, and polyethylene, another is made with PVC blends, and another is composed of crushed minerals and a polypropylene blend. The latter is lighter in weight with zero water absorption.
- Because of its longevity, sliver-free, slip-resistance, and low maintenance, it is an increasingly popular choice for installation for many backyarders and cottagers.
- Different manufacturers have varied colour washes, combinations, and faux wood grain patterns, ensuring you’ll find a colour and style to suit your design.
How long does pressure-treated wood decking last?
- Pressure-treated wood decking lasts a very long time with yearly preventative maintenance, an average of 15 and more years.
- Commonly, copper is infused into the lumber to add to its longevity.
- Pressure-treated decking popularity falls at the top for many of our price-savvy, design-conscious homeowners and commercial clients. It is a long-lasting and great-looking material that lets people have all their backyard components come together and fit within their budget.
- It can easily cost 30% less than composite decking material.
- The location of your pressure-treated deck affects its length of life; the more moisture it’s exposed to, the more likely it is susceptible to eventual rot.
- Higher quality lumber will last longer.
- Wood treated for ground contact has twice as much as above-ground pressure-treated wood.
How long does cedar wood decking last?
- A cedar deck will last approximately 15-20 years.
- Although more costly, cedar is valued for its authenticity and design aesthetic.
- If you stain your cedar deck, you may need to pressure wash, sand, and restain it yearly.
Decks are one of the most desirable components of a relaxing and transformative backyard.
- A connection to the outdoors that is also conveniently attached to the indoors is the best addition to our homes and backyards.
- Even a small deck gives us a way to be outdoors.
- A deck brings friends and family together, involves nature, inspires reflection, is an excellent place for children and pets, and relaxes everyone.
- A deck with custom enhancements can be perfect for entertaining or moments spent alone; a pergola, multi-levels, seating, container gardening, lighting, firepits, and even outdoor ovens and hot tubs have become sought-after options for a complete deck experience.
- It is no wonder that decks are at the top of everyone’s outdoor wishlist.
Are you looking for a pressure-treated, composite, or cedar deck installation in London, Ontario and surrounding areas?
London Snowplow & Landscape has found its summertime niche as a professional and easygoing team who has installed decks and other outdoor projects since 2016.
Tags: Composite decks, pressure treated & cedar decks
Categorised in: Decks
This post was written by Jade Brown